Testimonials for Dr. Sue
-- E. M.
"I was very skeptical about seeing a therapist. I knew I needed help, especially with my anger management, but I was not convinced just talking about things would help. After our first session I was much less skeptical and after the second I already noticed how my sessions with Dr. Duenke were helping. She was challenging yet compassionate, direct and insightful. In the years since my initial set of visits I have also seen Dr. Duenke to help with overcoming the impact of significant physical and mental trauma and the loss of a family member. During each visit she somehow incorporated elements I didn't even know I needed which has ultimately led to overall improvement in my relationships and quality of life."
-- N. S.
-- S. P.
"Dr. Duenke was instrumental in turning my life around. For years I struggled with guilt surrounding a number of issues in my past. Dr. Duenke helped me come to terms with not just myself, but with my past, present, and future. She listened, she gave feedback, and she helped me gain insight and perspective that I apply, even still, to this day. I am deeply appreciative to have had her as a part of my life and there is no doubt I am a better person for it."
-- J. Y.
Here are the major things that have been invaluable to me while going to therapy with Sue:
- Her sense of humor.
- Her uncanny memory of names, events, and situations in my life.
- Her ability to gently and non-confrontationally "hit the nail on the head" regarding ways I might shift my thinking and behavior to make my life better and less stressful.
- Her willingness to take MY feedback about her counseling style and about when I thought I was "done" with therapy.
- Her summaries about my progress.
- Sue trusted me with her "Raven" - You need to see her to find out what that means!
- I felt better whenever I left her office.
There are times now that I look back and smile, knowing that Sue really helped enhance my life. I've referred several of my friends and family to her.